The Ansaar Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to serving the needs of the homeless and less fortunate in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Our foundation works to engage in providing community services with a special attention to poverty relief and assisting families that are less fortunate.
- Flemingdon Food Bank Project
- Regular food distribution at Toronto Homeless Shelters
- Distribution of catered meals to shelters such as:
Seaton House, Maxwell Meighen Centre, Good Shepard and Hope Shelter.
- Support for Etobicoke Food Bank
- Community Engagement and Advocacy
*Flemingdon Community Food Bank- URGENT APPEAL FOR CASH DONATIONS*
TO SAVE OUR FOOD BANK
Now serving over 3,000 clients a month
Located in Flemingdon Park in Don Mills, this Food bank is affiliated with Daily bread food bank operated and managed by 6 Multifaith Organizations for over 3 years.
While food is supplied by Daily Bread Food Bank, the operating cost is born by the six Multifaith Organizations. With the growing line up for food, we are making an urgent appeal to help us defray the cost for feeding the hungry.
- 395,000 people a month rely on food banks
- 1 in 33 Ontarians goes hungry each month
- 39% are single adults
- 38% are under age 18
- 45% are on welfare
- 10% are 1st time users
- 72% of their income goes to rent
Source: Ontario Association of Food Banks 2011 Report
Your donations are tax deductible. Please make cheques payable to Ansaar Foundation.